Beth Sholom B'nai Israel
12th Annual MitzvahDay!
Sunday May 18, 2014 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
More Information and Sign Up Sheet
Mitzvah Day Activities
KIDS– This year a small group of volunteers will be going off site to The Village for Children to host games and crafts and fun activities. (contact Susan Rubin for more details at (860.335.6650)
2. HELPING HANDS – Separate and package the donations of toiletries to be distributed to local shelters.
3. LAP BLANKETS - Help senior citizens in area nursing homes stay warm and cozy with the ever popular fleece lap blanket. No sewing skills involved. Simply cutting fringe.
4. HELP THE ENVIRONMENT – Spread wood chips and spruce up areas along the Hockanum River. Bring water bottles, work gloves and metal rakes and a wheelbarrow if you have one. Location to be announced the day of the event.
5. CLEAN THE GARDEN – Weed, tidy and prepare garden beds around BSBI. This includes raking and cleaning and spreading mulch. Bring metal rakes, gloves and a wheelbarrow if you have one.
6. A GOOD OLE’ FASHIONED SING-ALONG - Come sing and entertain residents at Manchester Manor under the direction of Cantor Anita Schubert. Song sheets will be provided. 10:00 am. - 11:00 am.
FOODCOMMITTEE - Volunteers are needed for the following: The week before Mitzvah Day grocery shopping and/or food prep or on Mitzvah Day lunch set-up, serving and clean-up. Any and all help is WELCOME!
8. Food Collection – Volunteers are needed to sit in front of the Vernon Stop
and Shop to collect non-perishable food items. We will also need volunteers to deliver items to the food pantries in Manchester and Vernon.