BSBI-wide observance -- 65th Independence Day of the State of Israel. Sisterhood, Brotherhood, and Hadassah will all be contributing to this celebration.
April 15th: 7:15 p.m., Yom Ha Zikaron service to remember those who have fallen in support of the state of Israel. 7:30 p.m., Yom Ha-Atzma-ut service and celebration of Israel's 65th Independence Day.
Following the service we will join together for refreshments and a celebratory kumsitz, singing Israeli songs. Dr. David Feingold, an outstanding musician and dynamic song leader , will lead us in singing old favorites and newer songs as well. Rabbi Plavin says, "I participated in a Kumsitz that David ran a few years ago and I still smile thinking about it. He is just great."
4. North Atlantic Region of Women's League's annual spring conference, April 21, at Temple Beth El in Springfield, MA. Times and registration procedures to be announced. Morning program: Women's Health Forum, with speakers and workshops on physical health, emotional health, and estate planning / elder law. Luncheon. Speaker: Elise Lichtenstein will tell about her trip to Germany for a very moving meeting of second and third generations of Nazis and Holocaust survivors. Afternoon workshops on various topics. Mincha service with Cantor Elise Barbour; Woman of Distinction awards; "Chai Tea".
5. Torah Study Shabbat, Friday night April 26 as well as Saturday morning and afternoon, April 27. We are privileged to be hosting this year's Scholar-in-Residence and specialist in Biblical history, Dr. Sharon R. Keller. Her discussions will take us from Pesach to Shavuot:
- Friday night: Shabbat dinner by registration only, followed by a service, with a lecture about the saga of Joseph and Mrs. Potiphar.
- Saturday morning: service and discussion of Moses in Egypt.
- Shabbat lunch, sponsored by Sisterhood.
- Shabbat afternoon: lecture about the Book of Ruth.
Click below for more info....
tss invite for website pgs 2-6(1).PDF