At Beth Sholom B’nai Israel, we are inclusive, a warm and caring family. Our members come to us from over 30 towns in Connecticut because --
- Egalitarian: Women participate fully in all aspects of our services. We take pride in the number of lay people who read Torah and Haftorah and share in conducting services.
- Diverse: We are old and young, single and married, wealthy and unemployed, Jews by birth and by choice.
- Welcoming: Regardless of your background or lifestyle, you will find a caring community at Beth Sholom B’nai Israel.
- A full-service synagogue, with rabbi and cantor, Hebrew school from pre-k through high school, helpful full-time staff, and devoted volunteers.
- Shabbat services, both Friday night and Saturday morning;
- Very often we have lunch for all, members and visitors, after Saturday morning service;
- Evening minyan Monday through Thursday;
- Services on all major holidays (two days, where applicable);
We provide opportunities for connecting with others:
- Active Sisterhood and Brotherhood;
- For kids, education from pre-k through Grade 12;
- Stimulating adult education;
- Transportation to services for those in need;
- A variety of cultural and social events through the year; and
- Many ways to share growth and involvement with the BSBI community!
Please join us for Shabbat services. We look forward to meeting you, and introducing you to our Rabbi, our members, and the spirit of BSBI.
For information, or to receive a copy of our newsletter or weekly e-mail, contact
Fred Fox, Executive Director: 860-643-9563, extension 104
Fred will be pleased to assist you and connect you with our membership chairs, Ilene O'Neil and Barry Baron. They would love to answer your questions and provide any info your heart desires. Printable Membership Form
Ilene O'Neil and Barry Baron, Membership Co-Chairs