Beth Sholom B’nai Israel provides a vibrant, caring atmosphere strengthened by our connection to Conservative Judaism. We develop and enrich our Jewish identities through ritual, celebration, education and social action. We strive to support the needs of our diverse membership, the greater community, the Jewish people and the State of Israel.
A few notes about our synagogue:
- BSBI members currently live in the following cities and towns: Amston, Andover, Bolton, Colchester, Coventry, East Hartford, Ellington, Glastonbury, Manchester, Marlborough, Newington, Rocky Hill, South Windsor, Somers, Storrs, Tolland, Vernon, West Hartford, Windsor, and Woodstock. We welcome new members from these and surrounding communities in the Greater Hartford and Eastern Connecticut areas.
- Men and women participate equally in prayer and ritual.
- We are traditional and non-traditional families, single-parent families, interfaith couples, singles, Jews by birth and by choice. We are proud of our diversity.
- We hold weekly services on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings, gather for daily evening prayer (minyan), and holidays.
- Our Endowment Foundation offers scholarships for attending Jewish camps or attending youth group trips and taking Israel trips or Jewish-related college courses.